“I am so grateful to Freedom From Fistula Foundation for giving me back my sense of worth and making me feel whole again”
Caroline, age 27
MAKE A DONATION
Your support is very much appreciated and you can donate in a number of ways:-
- Donate Online
- Donate by cheque
- Donate by standing order
To make a donation or for more information on supporting the Freedom From Fistula Foundation please click the button below.
100% of donations go directly to the projects as our administration costs are met by The Gloag Foundation.
Our vision is for all women in Africa to have access to healthcare during pregnancy and childbirth and to help eradicate obstetric fistulas. In order to achieve this, we have a number of concrete objectives:-
- To expand or develop fistula services across Africa, particularly in Sierra Leone, Kenya and Malawi
- To partner with existing organisations and facilities already providing fistula surgeries
- To train surgeons to repair obstetric fistulas
- To train midwives in the highest standards of maternal healthcare
- To finance access to healthcare during pregnancy and labour
- To finance caesarean sections to stop obstetric fistulas occurring
- To improve the prospects of women in Africa suffering from obstetric fistula
When appropriate, we actively seek partnerships with other successful charities and NGOs.
We are interested in making a difference in whatever way we can and sometimes that is most effectively achieved in partnership with others.
The women we are helping are like you - mothers, daughters, sisters, cousins, wives, aunts, nieces...
Women’s health is fundamental to women’s rights and societal roles in Africa, and effective medical care to remedy and prevent obstetric fistula is essential to achieving those rights and roles for women.